Entrance requirement for the 2 years Diploma
- Grade 12 or its equivalent
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 4. and Communication at NQF Level 4
N.B If you have any of the following courses you qualify to do a National Diploma Policing for 1 year.
National Certificate Policing NQF Level 5 or National Certificate: Tactical Road Traffic Operations NQF Level 5.
Welcome to DAM School Policing. I would like to wish you a successful and enjoyable study period, and I hope you will find this course interesting and informative.
The purpose of this letter is to:
- Forward important information to you
- Supply you with assignments information.
- Explain how Summative assessment will be conducted
- Explain how the practical’s will be conducted
It is essential that you read and understand the content of this study letter before starting your studies.
The following aspects will be discussed in this letter:
- What is expected from you as a student?
- What can you expect from DAM School Policing?
- Important hints and instructions regarding:
- Your studies
- Final Examinations
What is expected from you as a student?
- It is your responsibility to plan your studies according to the given dates and instructions.
- Submit assignments in time
- Take note that the Assignments is formative assessment which is filed in your POE.
- Keep to the specified closing date for submitting the assignments. These dates are set out further in the assessment plan.
- Instructions are given for the answering of assignments. You should follow them at all times.
- A Learner will be required to e-mail his/her assignments and after marking the
Assignments the marked assignments will be filed in the POE as evidence and the results will be e-mailed back to the student. In time use the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
What can you expect from DAM School Policing?
- Your study materials will be dispatched to you within five working days from the date you pay your fees and if you don’t get your study materials within five days please drop an e-mail using email@example.com or call 0836088923
- You will receive a year planner stating important dates this calendar will help you our learner in planning your studies.
- It is our duty to mark the assignments and to provide significant feedback on your answers.
- A detailed assessment plan will be given to you that contain information regarding summative assessment and practical assessment;
- We are here to assist you with your studies. Please make use of the opportunity while you are a student.
- Please take note of your lecturer’s feedback on your assignments. Use the feedback to correct yourself, and to prepare for the final examination.
- Answering of the assignments is a good method to prepare yourself for the examination, and to improve your chances of receiving a good pass mark in the examination. Therefore, complete them to the best of your ability.
Important hints and instructions regarding assignments
- All assignments should be done in ink on the Answer sheets
- Try your best to e-mail the assignments use firstname.lastname@example.org
- For sending your assignments by e-mail ensure that each assignment is a single document.
- Answer the questions numerically and number the answers correctly.
- Answer all the questions. Should you find a question difficult, attempt to answer it so that Assessor can help you with the correct answers to the difficult question(s)
- Read each question well before you try to answer it. Keep the mark allocation in mind.
- Please take note of your Assessor’s feedback on your assignments’ answers. Use the feedback to correct yourself.We wish you the best of luck and hope that you will have a pleasant study period. You are more than welcome to contact us if you need more information.